Sunday, January 23

38 Weeks

How far along? 38 weeks

Baby's size? Watermelon

Sleep? Not going so well on the sleep front. For some reason, my hips start falling asleep after laying on them for a few hours. Its the strangest sensation.

Foods I am loving/hating? I'm really not hungry much these days. Its funny how its different it is week by week. I am craving fruit all of the sudden which is weird. Good news is its citrus season, so I've gotten some great local fruit at our farmers market!

Best moment this week? I had a fabulous surprise baby shower at work. They totally tricked me into thinking there was an emergency and when I raced into the conference room, I was shocked to see my whole office in there! There is another girl in my office who is due Feb 2, so it was actually a double shower for the two of us. She's having a boy and I'm having a girl, so the room was decorated half pink and half blue. It was so cute, and we had such a great time!!

Movement? She's still moving around a good deal, but the poor child is pretty squished in there!

Symptoms? I'm just horribly uncomfortable. When I stand too long my feet hurt, when I sit I feed like my lungs are squished and I can't breath, and when I'm laying down various parts of my body fall asleep. The only place I feel comfortable is in the bath, so I've been taking one a day for a couple of weeks now! 

What I miss? Still day dreaming about my sushi dinner with a great glass of wine!!

What I'm looking forward to? I go in for my last weekly appointment this Thursday. Then on Tuesday Feb 2nd we go in for the c-section. I can't believe she'll be here so soon.

Emotions? Tired and excited!! I just can't believe I will actually be a mother in a few short days. Eeeek!

1 comment:

  1. i have to say that i LOVE your "symptoms" this week. it's a PERFECT description of 38 weeks pregnant!
    enjoy these last days and nights as much as you can... you'll be glad you did!
    blessings, courtney

    ReplyDelete