Monday, November 8

I'm back...

I finally made it home from Ohio!! I'm so happy to be back with Joey and the puppas.

I am very excited to report that Joey made a lot of progress on the house renovation and the nursery in my absence!! I am quite impressed with his determination to get everything done before I get home. Our house came with a good sized laundry closet right next to the kitchen, but there is no pantry. For a pantry we have been using a single hanging cabinet in our kitchen. I was getting really concerned about how we could integrate a baby into the house because that cabinet is totally stuffed as is. The whole kitchen for that matter is stuffed. I literally have no where to put a bottle. A few months ago we made the decision to take over the current laundry closet and turn it into a pantry. But this forced us to relocate the washer and dryer. We decided to relocate it into the front of the house in a closet that was basically being used as a junk room. However this required us to do a little renovation to get the closet ready (widening the door frame, getting the closet plumbed/wired/vented, ect). While I was in Ohio, the new laundry closet was constructed and the plumbing and gas for the washer and dryer were run. We're only a few hours away from the washer and dryer being moved! Once we get the washer and dryer moved, we can start un-plumbing the other closet and prepping it to become a pantry! Its very exciting!
The other thing joey was busy with is the nursery. He had the carpenter who was helping us with the closet run the hardwood floor in the baby's room. After that was done, he painted all the walls and the ceiling. It looks go good. I also received my rug for the nursery. It looks so good in the room! Eeek! Everything is actually coming together!!

We decided to go with the Polka Dot Border rug from pottery barn. Its pretty cute...


As of today I am officially in my third trimester. I can't believe it. Only 3 more months!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. so cute! I can't wait to see it all finished. does this mean you will actually be stocking food in your pantry from now on?
    -Jess

    ReplyDelete